Our Accounting and Economics course gives you a great combination of academic study and a strong vocational emphasis.
In the first two years you will get a broad and solid grounding in core accounting and economics topics. In your final year, depending on your interests and career aspirations, you can then choose to:
- focus more on one discipline or
- maintain a balance of both or
- include some modules in a new area such as finance.
In your second or final year you can experience working in a local charity by helping with basic accounting. This is part of our Accounting for Community: Engaging Students (ACES) project.
By the end of the course you will have developed a broad range of valuable skills and attributes such as:
- commercial awareness
- an international perspective
- an analytical approach to problem solving
- the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
And you will be ready for a career in accountancy or economic policy, or to continue to study at masters level. You may also be interested in studying our Accounting and Finance course.