Our Foundation in Law course equips you with the key academic knowledge and critical skills needed to study for a qualifying law degree (QLD).
During the year-long course you will:
- develop key legal skills such as statutory interpretation and case reading
- enhance your problem solving and oral skills
- gain highly-valued competencies in legal research and writing.
This course is ideal:
- if you want to study Law at Oxford Brookes but need to supplement your A-Levels grades
- if you wish to return to study after a long break.
By choosing our Foundation in Law, you’ll be joining a supportive and close-knit community. Our department is led by academics who are experts in their fields. You’ll receive the support and guidance needed to build university-level skills. And at the end of the course, you’ll emerge equipped to confidently progress to the LLB in Law at Oxford Brookes.
Upon successful completion of the Foundation in Law course, you will be guaranteed a place on our LLB in Law course.